Rural LAP Aged Care is an extension of the existing contract awarded by the Department of Health to Aspen Medical. Through this program, we support the placement of locum registered and enrolled nurses, residential aged care facility managers, care coordinators, care support workers, community support workers, personal care workers and residential support workers in rural and remote Australia, who have skills and qualifications in aged care.
Through Rural LAP Aged Care, our aim is to ensure:
- rural and remote aged care consumers experience continuity of care and clinical leadership.
- rural and remote aged care providers experiencing high turnover or sudden departures of staff can access a temporary surge workforce while they recruit, and/or attract permanent staff.
- new staff are available, suitable and well prepared to undertake a locum placement or permanent relocation.
The objectives of Rural LAP Aged Care are to:
- expand the current program to increase access to a surge aged care workforce to ensure continuity of care and clinical leadership in thin markets.
- provide incentives for permanent placements, particularly in rural and remote areas (MM 4 to MM 7 locations), to increase staff retention.
See if you're eligible for support through Rural LAP Aged Care or complete an application form for a locum to join your team.