To be eligible for a locum placement under Rural LAP Aged Care and to receive the additional allowances associated with the program, practitioners must meet the Rural LAP Aged Care eligibility criteria.
The following list of aged care health professions are eligible to the Rural LAP aged care locum register for the opportunity to work on a rural or remote placement.
- Registered nurse
- Enrolled nurse
- Residential aged care facility manager
- Residential support worker
- Personal care worker
- Care coordinator
- Community support worker
- Allied health professionals
Entitlement to work in Australia
In addition to practicing one of the eligible professions, you must:
- be legally entitled to work in Australia
- have current, unrestricted professional registration in your field of practice.
Rural LAP Aged Care registered locums must also meet the established minimum credentials.