To be eligible to work as a locum under Rural LAP and receive the additional allowances associated with the scheme practitioners must meet the Rural LAP eligibility criteria.
The following list of health professions are eligible to apply to the Rural LAP locum register for the opportunity to work on a rural or remote placement:
- Aboriginal health worker (certificate IV)
- Anaesthetist (specialist or GP)
- Dental & oral health professional
- Exercise physiologist
- Medical radiation scientist
- Nurse (registered or enrolled)
- Obstetrician (specialist or GP)
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
Entitlement to work in Australia
In addition to practicing one of the eligible professions, you must:
- be legally entitled to work in Australia
- have current unrestricted professional registration in your field of practice.
Rural LAP registered locums must also meet the established minimum credentials.